Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why I hate Floyd Mayweather Jr....



As if my disdain for the world's "so called best" pound-for-pound fighter couldn't have got any worse.....After attacking Oscar De La Hoya verbally during their U.S. media tour to promote "The World Awaits De La Hoya Mayweather Jr" on May 5th, Floyd takes yet another stab at De La Hoya and GoldenBoy promotions by calling out De La Hoya's "realness" and business skills. On top of that, Floyd doesn't hesitate to throw Sugar Shane Mosley under the bus by calling him a chump and nothing more than a "sparring partner". Jesus Christ. When the fuck is someone gonna shut this guy's mouth? Now I can understand dissing GoldenBoy promotions, but calling out 2 future Hall of Fame boxers more than warrants all the hate. But you know what? That doesn't even touch the hate I have for this guy....until I read this bullshit.

A column on Yahoo! Sports by our favorite douchebag Dan Wetzel reveals that Floyd Mayweather is tougher than we all think. He goes out on a limb to to say,
"UFC's champions can't handle boxing. That's why they are in UFC. Put one of our guys in UFC and he'd be the champion. Any good fighter, he'd straight knock them out."
Not only did UFC President Dana White laugh his ass off but said "Floyd Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, (and) Sean Sherk [UFC lightweight] will whoop his ass in under two minutes. White went on to comment on putting together a UFC contract, "And I guarantee you he would not accept it. Floyd Mayweather would never fight in the UFC because he would get his head ripped off." Now we all know how I feel about the UFC, which is passionate. But its one thing to call out "The Golden Boy" and another to call out Chuck Liddel, which Mayweather doesn't even hesitate to do. Boxing is a graceful art that requires great skill and technique, but don't kid yourself. UFC is more than street fighting. Brazilian jui-jitsu, boxing, wrestling, and Muay Thai are skills that can create the ultimate warrior. I hope De La Hoya smashes Mayweather's face, but I guess I can dream when I say that I hope Mayweather comes to the UFC. They'll need the fucking paramedics right outside the octagon to pick up whats left of this piece of shit.


5 comments:

Buddha said...

Who the hell still watches boxing? After the excitement of three (or five), 5 minute rounds, I can't imagine going back to watching TWELVE 3 minutes rounds.

(I just discovered your blog via Scott Wolf's...you do great work. As a HUGE fan of the UFC I'll be frequenting your blog.)

RG3 said...

As a newcomer to the UFC world, I have to say I was impressed with my first taste of it a couple of weeks ago. Boxing has taken a fall. There are no good heavyweights and you can only see lightweight rivals go at it for so long... How many more of these Barrera-Morales 3 or Gatti-Ward 3 trilogies are we going to have to sit through...

mel kiper fan said...

When Oscar De La Hoya is the face of your sport, then you have some serious problems. Boxing is full of a bunch of pretty boy prima donnas like Oscar, Mayweather, and Roy Jones, who talk a bunch of shit and care more about their image their skills in the ring. I've never seen a UFC match but I'm sure it's better than boxing. When guys like Ken Shamrock get their ass beat, then it must be pretty hardcore.

merjoem32 said...

Floyd will get his ass kicked in the UFC. In boxing, he dominates his opponents because he can run but he won't be able to do that on MMA. Once he gets taken down, he will get a beating.

harvey said...

I'm one of the Mayweather haters, he's such a loud mouth. I hope one day someone is gonna knock him out and let him eat his words

Mayweather vs Mosley