Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ellis and Krumrie: The Perfect Duo


Above: Ellis works with Tim Krumrie, the greatest position coach in NFL history, at USC's Pro Day. [Photo: courtesy of NFL.com]

Sedrick Ellis is on his way to being a top 10 pick in this year's NFL Draft. He was truly one of Troy's all-time greats and will have a very long, productive career in the pros. Whether it's been through his play on the field, his individual workouts or his interviews with NFL coaches and personnel, he is definitely one of the most valued and coveted prospects in this year's draft. Every team picking in the top 10 of the draft has enough of a need at defensive tackle to select Ellis, but the question remains, how high will he go? As much as I love my Atlanta Falcons and that I would just be overcome with joy if Ellis were to go #3 overall to the Falcons, I really want Big Sed to go to the Kansas City Chiefs at #5.

If he goes to Kansas City, Ellis will develop into the greatest DT ever under the guidance of the greatest defensive line coach ever, Tim Krumrie. For those of you that watched HBO's Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Kansas City Chiefs series last August, you know exactly what I mean. If you missed the show, here's a little bit of what Krumrie is all about:


And finally, here's a video of Big Sed's Pro Day Workout, you'll see Krumrie working with him towards the end of the video:


As the draft approaches, Ellis' stock will only grow. I haven't really had a chance to analyze this year's draft and its prospects, but I'll get to that soon. School work and college basketball have taken away from my draft time, since I usually have about 7-8 mock drafts done by this time of year. I'll unveil my first mock next weekend.

Fight On!

No comments: